Saturday, June 2, 2012

Words to Live By

Life is Racing. Sometimes I can't tell if I am watching it speed by, or if I am in the middle of the pack on the rack track.

May: Mother Lode Round Up Parade. Check. Amgen Tour of California. Check. Cousins from the East Coast. Check. Waterfalls and Dogwoods in Yosemite. Check. Taking Girl Scouts to the big city for a fashion internship. Check. Watching No.1 Son run hurdles in the track 'playoffs'. Check. No. 1 Daughter graduates from 8th grade. Check. Serving real food, water, and smoothies at the 8th grade graduation dance. Check. Planning a trip to NYC with the Girl Scouts. Check.

Keeping it all in perspective: a quote from Paula Deen.

'I am so blessed. I've been way over-blessed. At 64 years old, I look forward to going to bed every night so I can wake up in the morning and see what blessing is going to come my way that day. Because you never, ever know what God's got in store for you.' ...........January 2012 Good Housekeeping.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sewing since I was 8...a friend of my grandmother's sent us a large box filled with fabric scraps. That was all it took!