Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Favorite Halloween Costume Ever

See the red dress? That was my favorite Halloween costume ever. It was 4th grade. My favorite books in the whole world were the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I'd read them through at least twice at this point. I wanted to be an old fashioned girl. I can remember going to Sprouse Reitz and picking out the fabric with my mom and my dad(he grew up with a seamstress Mom and appreciates fabric).

Sadly, I don't have the dress. But I probably wore it out. I can remember wearing it to school throughout the year. I did find a little square of it in a doll quilt I made around that time.

It's the floral center in the pink, green and lavender nine patches. So glad I started quilting then! It's a treasure.


A collective thank you to all the Moms and Dads out there who are creating Halloween costumes. Now and at midnight.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I had a dress from that same pattern too - how fun!

About Me

My photo
Sewing since I was 8...a friend of my grandmother's sent us a large box filled with fabric scraps. That was all it took!