Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pasta Sauce: Asian Pesto

I was driving home last night at 6pm, with no idea of what I was about to make for dinner, but I had just picked cilantro from a community garden. Hmmmm... Here is what the cilantro became:

Asian Pesto

1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
1/4-1/2 cup vegetable oil
6 walnuts or a handful of peanuts
1-2" of fresh ginger, peeled and then grated
3-6 cloves garlic depending on how much you like garlic
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
(chopped jalapeno pepper)

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Whirl away until smooth.
Great mixed into a bowl of pasta, or as a dipping sauce for grilled vegetables or chicken.

1 comment:

cidney swanson said...

This sounds sooooo amazing! I will definitely try it. Thanks for sharing!

About Me

My photo
Sewing since I was 8...a friend of my grandmother's sent us a large box filled with fabric scraps. That was all it took!