Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crossing the Finish Line

A few years ago I played in a block swap on SewManySwaps. Every month I would receive a package with a few key fabrics. I was free to make blocks of my choice, staying within a few guidelines sent by the swapper. At the end of the month I'd send the package on to the next swapper, and wait for the next batch!When the swap ended I got an amazing package full of star blocks, each using a few of my key fabrics. This is the quilt those blocks made!
It took me several years to settle on this zig zag setting, and I am so happy that I waited for this.
This quilt now keeps my father-in-law warm and cozy on the East Coast.
My deepest thanks to everyone who made these blocks. It was so fun to play along.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sewing since I was 8...a friend of my grandmother's sent us a large box filled with fabric scraps. That was all it took!