No more aching fingers! Here are my tips:
1. Use a sewing machine.
2. Put in a large needle, size 100, or a denim needle.
3. Fill the bobbin with thread that matches the color of the vest.
4. Get out different colors of top thread to match the borders of the patches.
5. Gather all the safety pins you own.
6. Arrange patches in their proper position or in a pleasing design.
7. Arrange on a hard surface that can be poked by safety pins.
8. Keep the vest or sash flat, with nothing under it.
9. Carefully pin each patch with two safety pins. Two will keep it level and in position. Really. Take the time to do this.
10. Sew! Stitch on the border of the patch. Overlap the beginning stitches for one inch to secure it. Hold the threads as you start sewing to prevent snafus on the back.
advent calender (1) American Girl Dolls (2) Anniversary (1) aprons (3) berries (1) charming girls quit club (7) chevron quilt (1) chevronbabyquilt (1) Chocolate Syrup (1) craft (1) creative space (1) diychevronquilt (1) diyquilt (1) finish (1) First quilts (1) Gift (16) Girls Sewing (2) giveaway (14) Green Sewing (12) Halloween (3) hand sew (1) Holiday Salad Recipe (1) how to (11) how to mark back of pajamas (1) How to Pack for a Booth at a Trade Show (1) How to Remove Berry Stains (1) how to sew (1) inspiration (16) Machine Quilting (1) national quilt month (1) national quilting month (2) organize (3) Pie Crust Recipe (1) procrastination (1) pumpkin muffine recipe (1) quilt museum (4) quilt quote (2) quilting (2) quilts for soldiers (3) quote (3) Recipe (3) redwork (1) Scouts (1) sewalong (1) sewing machine (1) Star quilt (1) swap (1) The Creative Connection (4) top ten hand quilting tips (1) top ten quilting mistakes (1) top ten quilting tools (1) Valentine (1) vintage pattern (2) wildflowers (1)