Here is a last minute advent calender for everyone who had Christmas sneak up on them. I made this in under 2 hours, which included coordinating events with our schedule. Each of the 25 spools has a piece of paper coiled around it, containing an advent activity. Then they were 'wrapped' with ribbons, and numbered with a sticker.
Here are my family's activities:
1. Decorate for Christmas and drink peppermint hot chocolate.
2. Make a card, and write a special message to the person of your choice.
3. Pick out a Christmas tree.
4. Decorate the tree and drink eggnog.
5. Bake a batch of Christmas cookies.
6. Family game night!
7. Make doughnuts.
8. Bake another batch of Christmas cookies and share with the neighbors.
9. Is the sky clear? Try star gazing, or, if not clear, go for a nighttime walk with your lanterns. Take along hot chocolate.
10. Make fudge.
11. Make a list of ten things you are thankful for. Hang it where you can see it every day.
12. Sing carols.
13. Sleep under the Christmas tree. Read together.
14. Breakfast in bed!
15. Make paper snowflakes and decorate the windows.
16. Go to a Christmas concert.
17. Make chocolate covered pretzels.
18. Make and hang edible gifts for the birds and squirrels.
19. Go look at the Christmas lights.
20. Wrapping party! Watch a Christmas movie.
21. Observe the winter solstice with an outdoor campfire.
22. Go sledding-or watch Charlie Brown’s Christmas.
23. Ski or ice skate!
24. Make dog cookies for Opus.
25. It’s Christmas Day. Remember you have a family who loves you.