Friday, October 10, 2008

Share the Love

Do you have any special quilt tops that need a good home? Send them to a wounded soldier! Quilts of Valor will connect you with a long arm quilter, who will finish the top and send it to a soldier wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Unfortunately, they need lots of quilts.

My quiting buddy and I started a project with Civil War reproduction fabrics this year. We have been following a Judy Rothermel pattern, and it was pretty darned easy. Do you ever just want to sit down and sew?! This was perfect for those urges: I cut strips, and sewed for 15 minutes whenever I had the chance, and watched the stack of blocks pile up. Now we've put these adorable little (5")checkerboards together. I feel that this quilt needs a new home. Off it goes to another Quilts of Valor sewer to be finished. I hope it will give comfort.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sewing since I was 8...a friend of my grandmother's sent us a large box filled with fabric scraps. That was all it took!