I love making quilts out of old clothes. Finding a good mix of colors is a challenge. And recycling is always good!
This is the only way my great grandmother and grandmother knew how to make quilts-out of old clothes.
- Wash first.
- Cut as many 6" squares as possible, piece a few 6" squares together with the scraps.
- Use 7+ different fabrics; Try to find a stripe, a plaid, a dot, and a floral.
- Randomly sew together pairs, then build 4 square blocks. Sew the 4 square blocks into rows.
- To make a cozy lap sized quilt, use four 4 square blocks by six 4 square blocks.
- Use an old flannel sheet for the batting.